The US. Postal Service will hold a one-day “hiring blitz” throughout San Diego County.
The event kicks off on Aug.16 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m at over a dozen San Diego County post office locations. Officials say they are looking to hire mail carrier and clerk positions whose starting pay begins from $18.92 to $19.12 an hour.
“The available postal positions, which offer starting pay from $18.92 to $19.12 an hour, are great opportunities for anyone seeking fast-paced, rewarding work environments with good pay, and are a first step that could lead to long-term careers for the Postal Service,” officials wrote in a statement.
The event will take place in the following county post office locations:
- Chula Vista
- Downtown San Diego
- El Cajon
- La Jolla
- La Mesa
- Linda Vista
- Pacific Beach
- Pala Vista
- Rancho Bernardo
- San Marcos
Employment requirements include:
- Must be 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years old with a high school diploma
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
- Must be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. Territory
- Must provide recent employment history
- Must have a safe driving record (if applicable to the position)
Anyone not able to attend the hiring event can apply for a position at USPS.com/careers.