Chula Vista will likely welcome some rain on Monday, and rainy days will begin to happen more often. Keep the following safety guidelines in mind.
- Check your windshield wipers, replace if worn out.
- Watch the road, pay attention to other drivers.
- Keep an eye out for motorcyclists, even though there aren't too many during the rain, they are still hard to spot.
- Check your tires, make sure they have at least 6/32.
- Make sure headlights are working properly, and turn them on.
- Break gently, wet pavement can cause your vehicle to skid.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, there are nearly 1,235,000 automobile accidents each year related to weather. A majority of those accidents happen during rainfall (46%) and when the pavement is wet (70%).