Sesame Place® San Diego, the first theme park on the West Coast based entirely on the award-winning show Sesame Street®, is celebrating the holiday season under the San Diego sun with all-new Christmas in July event!
“The holidays are a time of joy and fun for many families, so we’re excited to bring that energy to the park in July,” said Jim Lake, Park President of Sesame Place San Diego. “While the temperatures have increased in Southern California, we’re bringing some cool winter vibes to the area. We hope families will enjoy the decorations throughout the park and see their favorite furry friends dressed up in festive outfits. It’s a great preview for all the holiday fun we have in store for the 2023 holiday season!”
Festive Fun for the Whole Family
In addition to holiday décor, the park will offer a variety of festively fun activities that the whole family is sure to love. Offerings include:
- Christmas Photos with Elmo & Friends – Guests can visit Photos with Elmo & Friends each day during the Christmas in July Celebration to get a photo with Elmo and his friends in their festive holiday attire.
- Christmas Storytime – Enjoy a Christmas themed Storytime with Big Bird as the best storyteller on Sesame Street welcomes all his friends to his nest for an interactive experience the whole family will love.
- Cookie Claus Meet & Greets –Everyone is on Cookie Claus’ Nice List! Cookie Claus will be available for one-of-a-kind holiday photos with this merry monster. Guests can check the park website and/or the park mobile app for the daily schedule.
- Missing Mittens Scavenger Hunt – Guests can purchase a fun winter-themed scavenger hunt map and search the park for the missing mittens! Once completed, guests can turn in their maps for a special holiday prize.
- Furry Friends Christmas Dance Party – Located at Big Bird’s Beach wave pool lawn, guests can dance, sing, and jingle bell rock along to their favorite holiday tunes with Elmo and his furry friends at this Christmas themed, energetic, interactive dance party!
Sesame Place San Diego is fun for the entire family with splashy water slides, family-friendly rides, an interactive Sesame Street Neighborhood complete with the iconic 123 Stoop, an award-winning parade, spectacular theater show, meet & greet opportunities with Sesame Street friends and more. In addition, the All-New Count’s Splash Castle just opened, featuring a brand-new, multi-level interactive water-play attraction that features 111 play elements, including three giant tipping buckets that dump over 1,300 gallons of water combined.
To learn more about Christmas in July, please visit https://sesameplace.com/san-
The Best Way to Play
The best way to play all year long with unbeatable benefits is with a 2023 Sesame Place Season Pass! Season Pass Members can enjoy unlimited access to the park with the added benefits of free parking, free friend tickets, discounts on cabanas, Abby’s Magic Queue, and stroller rentals, exclusive monthly rewards, and more. Perks vary based on the type of Season Pass purchased. Guests can purchase a 2023 Season Pass and enjoy unlimited visits this year. For families with young ones, children under three are now free every visit.
Sesame Place San Diego is open daily and is located at 2052 Entertainment Circle in Chula Vista. For more information and to purchase tickets and Season Passes, visit SesamePlaceSanDiego.com. For the most recent updates, fans can follow Sesame Place San Diego on Facebook and @SesamePlaceCa on Instagram.