San Diego County offices, family resource centers, library branches, and animal shelters will be closed for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
Despite these closures on Nov. 24, essential services, including the Sheriff’s Department patrols and animal emergency response, will continue to operate the county announced. County animal shelters will resume their regular business hours starting Saturday, Nov. 26. All other County offices will reopen for regular business hours on Monday, Nov. 28.
Although most county and state-operated COVID-19 vaccination sites will be closed Thursday through Sunday, the South Region Live Well Center at 690 Oxford St. in Chula Vista will be open on Sunday.
According to the county, state, and two County mobile clinics will be open on Friday and will have normal weekend schedules. Vaccinations are still available through healthcare providers and pharmacies.
All vaccination sites will resume normal hours on Nov. 28.
See which sites will be open on the testing schedule.
County parks are extending Thanksgiving with Green Friday encouraging people to swap shopping plans for outdoor experiences, including free family-friendly activities at County parks. Learn more about the various Green Friday activities. County parks and campgrounds will be open during normal business hours on Thursday and Friday with some exceptions listed below:
- The Fallbrook Community Center will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- The Lakeside Community Center will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- The Lakeside Teen Center/REC Club will be closed Monday, Nov. 21 through Friday, Nov. 25.
- The Spring Valley Community Center will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- The Spring Valley Teen Center/REC Club will be closed Monday, Nov. 25 through Friday, Nov. 29.
- The Spring Valley gym will be closed Wednesday through Friday.
- The 4S Ranch Sports Park recreation office is closed on Thursday and Friday. The ranger office and park will be open on both days.